Getting ready to be the cutest and spookiest kid on the block!

American Specialty is a nationally recognized insurance company managing general underwriter serving the sports, leisure and entertainment industries across the United States and works with the National Association of Mobile Entertainers as their exclusive insurance broker. In order to get these amazing deep discounts on insurance, you must join as a Name Entertainers member first.

The National Association of Mobile Entertainers (N.A.M.E.) is a professional organization providing full benefits, including insurance, to all types of mobile entertainers. Members include DJs, disc jockeys, special event insurance, entertainment insurance, entertainers insurance, hypnotist insurance, hypnotists, hypnotist, comedians, magicians, jugglers, bands, singers, guitarists, soloists, officiants, event planners, event planning, booking agents, clowns, photographers, videographers, theatrical group insurance, theater, actors, actresses, mobile entertainers, traveling entertainers, travel entertainment, liability insurance, equipment insurance, face painters, makeup artists, wedding make up, caricaturists, cartoon artists, public speakers, wedding insurance, weddings, venue insurance, venue coverage and many more.

Each month we will be featuring one of our many entertainer benefits as a N.A.M.E member. This month’s feature is why it’s important to have insurance as a face painter, makeup artist and airbrush artist.

Kids love getting their face painted to match their never-ending imagination!

Q: How is a face painter, makeup artist or airbrush artist defined?

A: Face painters, make-up artists, air brush artists are all members of NAME Entertainers. A face painter is an artists that applies designs to the face (not the entire body), usually children’s faces, using brushes and paints suitable for the use on skin. A make-up artist is someone who uses traditional cosmetic techniques and processes to alter a person’s look. An airbrush artist may spray makeup as part of a cosmetology service. Any application of eyelash extensions, permanent eyebrows, body painting and tattooing are not acceptable through the NAME insurance program.

Q: Why should I have liability insurance?

A: Liability coverage protects you as an individual artist and your business from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage liability and personal advertising injury claims. For example, a slips getting in or out of your chair and is injured and sues you as a result of the injury. Or, you cause or allegedly cause damage to a facility that you are using for your service. Liability insurance is designed to protect you from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage liability and personal and advertising injury claims. 

The few times little ones sit still to see what character the makeup artist will create!

Q: Why should I have equipment insurance?

A: Your equipment is valuable and often times fragile. Accidents happen! Make sure that you have proper equipment coverage to repair/replace your valuable equipment in the event of damage to your property.

Q: Should I have both types of coverage? Why?

A: Liability and equipment insurance are very different coverages. Liability insurance protects you from third-party claims as outlined above and property insurance is designed to make you whole after a property loss (whole, not better). provides you with 24/7 access to your insurance information when you need it! The ability to produce Certificates of Insurance online and at your convenience, claims reporting and access to a licensed insurance agent. 

Q: For artists as outlined above, is there an additional charge if the artist has assistants?  

A: Yes! We have coverage options for your assistants. Each assistant can be added to your policy for only $150 per assistant (pricing is based on the Level I insurance program).

Q: Do you provide special event coverage?

A: American Specialty does offer Special Event coverage independent of the NAME program, which is available here.

Q: How do we get in touch with ASI?

A: The fastest way to contact American Specialty is by email at You can also reach American Specialty by phone at 877-441-4011 or via the online chat feature. Please note that this is a summary of coverage and the policy will govern any discrepancies between this summary and the actual policy.

Just make sure the littles don’t get into the face paint!

Leave a Reply