If talent doesn’t have a booking agent in most places, you don’t exist! Make sure you vibe well so it’s always a thumbs up experience.

American Specialty is a nationally recognized insurance company managing general underwriter serving the sports, leisure and entertainment industries across the United States and works with the National Association of Mobile Entertainers as their exclusive insurance broker. In order to get these amazing deep discounts on insurance, you must join as a Name Entertainers member first.

The National Association of Mobile Entertainers (N.A.M.E.) is a professional organization providing full benefits, including insurance, to all types of mobile entertainers. Members include DJs, disc jockeys, special event insurance, entertainment insurance, entertainers insurance, hypnotist insurance, hypnotists, hypnotist, comedians, magicians, jugglers, bands, singers, guitarists, soloists, officiants, event planners, event planning, booking agents, clowns, photographers, videographers, theatrical group insurance, theater, actors, actresses, mobile entertainers, traveling entertainers, travel entertainment, liability insurance, equipment insurance, face painters, makeup artists, wedding make up, caricaturists, cartoon artists, public speakers, wedding insurance, weddings, venue insurance, venue coverage and many more.

Each month we will be featuring one of our many entertainer benefits as a N.A.M.E member. This month’s feature is why it’s important to have insurance as a booking agent.

Sitting down and going over contracts together is highly recommended with a booking agent.

Q: How is a booking agent defined?

A: A booking agent is responsible for booking live performances in the entertainment industry. 

Q: Why should I have liability insurance?

A: Liability coverage protects you as an individual entertainer and your business from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage liability and personal advertising injury claims. For example, a guest at one of your performances is injured and sues you as a result of the injury. Or, you cause or allegedly cause damage to a facility that you are using for your performance. Liability insurance is defined to defend you from some allegations. 

With the right booking agent, this could be you counting stacks of cash!

Q: What is the difference between liability and equipment insurance?

A: Liability and equipment insurance are very different coverages. Liability insurance protects you from lawsuits as outlined above and property insurance is designed to make you whole after a property loss (whole, not better). Insurename.com provides you with 24/7 access to your insurance information when you need it! The ability to produce Certificates of Insurance online and at your convenience, claims reporting and access to a licensed insurance agent. 

Q: For booking agents is there an additional charge if the booking agency has more than four professionals? Can I add coverage for my assistants?

A: Yes! The NAME booking agent insurance program will automatically provide coverage for up to four professionals for that work under your company name. When purchasing coverage, you will need to report the total number of professionals/acts that work under your company name. Contracted professionals/acts (1099 employees) that carry their own insurance do not need to be reported on your NAME insurance application when purchasing coverage. However, the carrier, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, does require that all contracted professionals/acts that you work with or represent provide your company with proof of their liability insurance as well as list your company as an additional insured on their general liability policy. Any uninsured contracted professionals/acts that work under your company name or that are booked by your company will need to be reported as a professional on your application when purchasing coverage. We also have coverage options for your assistants. Each assistant can be added to your policy for only $60 per assistant (pricing is based on the Level I insurance program).

The future may be looking so bright you have to wear shades!

Q: Do you provide special events coverage?

A: American Specialty does offer special event coverage independent of the NAME program, which is available here.

Q: How do we get in touch with ASI?

A: The fastest way to contact American Specialty is by email at express@americanspecialty.com. You can also reach American Specialty by phone at 877-441-4011 or via our online chat feature at insurename.com.

Make sure you read the full contract and run them past your booking agent before signing your life away!

Leave a Reply