Cheers to returning to some type of normalcy for 2021 and long live wedding and event planning!

American Specialty is a nationally recognized insurance company managing general underwriter serving the sports, leisure and entertainment industries across the United States and works with the National Association of Mobile Entertainers as their exclusive insurance broker. In order to get these amazing deep discounts on insurance, you must join as a Name Entertainers member first.

The National Association of Mobile Entertainers (N.A.M.E.) is a professional organization providing full benefits, including insurance, to all types of mobile entertainers. Members include DJs, disc jockeys, special event insurance, entertainment insurance, entertainers insurance, hypnotist insurance, hypnotists, hypnotist, comedians, magicians, jugglers, bands, singers, guitarists, soloists, officiants, event planners, event planning, booking agents, clowns, photographers, videographers, theatrical group insurance, theater, actors, actresses, mobile entertainers, traveling entertainers, travel entertainment, liability insurance, equipment insurance, face painters, makeup artists, wedding make up, caricaturists, cartoon artists, public speakers, wedding insurance, weddings, venue insurance, venue coverage and many more.

Each month we will be featuring one of our many entertainer benefits as a N.A.M.E member. This month’s feature is why it’s important to have insurance as an event planner or wedding planner.

Any amazing event or wedding planner knows the details are what makes the venue pop like this floral display.

Q: How is an event planner or a wedding planner defined?

A: An event or wedding planner is a professional who coordinates all aspects of an event. 

Q: Why should I have liability insurance?

A: Liability coverage protects you as an individual entertainer and your business from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage liability and personal advertising injury claims. For example, a guest at one of your performances is injured and sues you as a result of the injury. Or, you cause or allegedly cause damage to a facility that you are using for your performance. Liability insurance is defined to defend you from some allegations. 

Q: Why should I have equipment insurance?

A: Your equipment is valuable and often times fragile. Accidents happen! Make sure that you have proper equipment coverage to repair/replace your valuable equipment in the event of damage to your property. Please note, the NAME insurance program is not designed for equipment rental business operations.

If you’re providing all the tableware as a wedding and event planner, make sure your display is covered with insurance.

Q: Should I have both types of coverage? Why?

A: Liability and equipment insurance are very different coverages. Liability insurance protects you from lawsuits as outlined above and property insurance is designed to make you whole after a property loss (whole, not better). provides you with 24/7 access to your insurance information when you need it! The ability to produce Certificates of Insurance online and at your convenience, claims reporting and access to a licensed insurance agent. 

Q: For event planners and wedding planners, is there an additional charge if they have more than four planners? Can I add coverage for my assistants?  

A: Yes! The event planner or wedding planner insurance program will automatically provide coverage for up to 4 professionals for that work under your company name. When purchasing coverage, you will need to report the total number of professionals that work under your company name. Contracted professionals (1099 employees) that carry their own insurance do not need to be reported on your NAME insurance application when purchasing coverage. However, the carrier, Philadelphia Insurance Companies, does require that all contracted professionals that you work with provide your company with proof of their liability insurance as well as list your company as an additional insured on their general liability policy. Any uninsured contracted professionals that work under your company name will need to be reported on your application when purchasing coverage. We also have coverage options for your assistants. Each assistant can be added to your policy for only $60 per assistant (pricing is based on the Level I insurance program).

Your wedding will be sheer perfection with a professional wedding planner.

Q: Do you provide special event coverage?

A: American Specialty does offer special event coverage independent of the NAME program, which is available here.

Q: How do we get in touch with ASI?

A: The fastest way to contact American Specialty is by email at You can also reach American Specialty by phone at 877-441-4011 or via the online chat feature at

The most important part of any party is champagne!

Leave a Reply