There’s nothing like getting gussied up for a night at the theater!

American Specialty is a nationally recognized insurance company managing general underwriter serving the sports, leisure and entertainment industries across the United States and works with the National Association of Mobile Entertainers as their exclusive insurance broker. In order to get these amazing deep discounts on insurance, you must join as a Name Entertainers member first. 

The National Association of Mobile Entertainers (N.A.M.E.) is a professional organization providing full benefits, including insurance, to all types of mobile entertainers. Members include DJs, Disc Jockeys, special event insurance, entertainment insurance, entertainers insurance, hypnotist insurance, hypnotists, hypnotist, comedians, magicians, jugglers, bands, singers, guitarists, soloists, officiants, event planners, event planning, booking agents, clowns, photographers, videographers, theatrical group insurance, theater, actors, actresses, mobile entertainers, traveling entertainers, travel entertainment, liability insurance, equipment insurance, face painters, makeup artists, wedding make up, caricaturists, cartoon artists, public speakers, wedding insurance, weddings, venue insurance, venue coverage and many more.

Each month we will be featuring one of our many entertainer benefits as a N.A.M.E member. This month’s feature is why it’s important to have insurance as a theater group.

A theatrical group consists of actors who perform together on stage.

Q: How is a theatrical group defined?

A: A theatrical group is defined as a group of actors who perform together on stage.

Q: Why should I have liability insurance?

A: Liability coverage protects you as an individual entertainer and your business from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage liability and personal advertising injury claims. For example, a guest at one of your performances is injured and sues you as a result of the injury. Or, you cause or allegedly cause damage to a facility that you are using for your performance. Liability insurance is defined to defend you from some allegations. 

Protecting yourself and your assets are key to a successful performance.

Q: Why should I have equipment insurance?

A: Your equipment is valuable and often times fragile. Accidents happen! Make sure that you have proper equipment coverage to repair or replace your valuable equipment in the event of damage to your property.

Q: Should I have both types of coverage? Why?

A: Liability and equipment insurance are very different coverages. Liability insurance protects you from lawsuits as outlined above and property insurance is designed to make you whole after a property loss (whole, not better). provides you with 24/7 access to your insurance information when you need it! It has the ability to produce certificates of insurance online and at your convenience, claims reporting and access to a licensed insurance agent.

Stay focused on your craft when you know you’re covered completely!

Q: For theatrical groups is there an additional charge if the theatrical group has more than four members?  

A: We understand the number of actors in a theatrical group can vary. The theatrical group insurance program provides coverage for 2-4 members. If your group has more than four members, you are able to add on annual coverage for each of your additional members for only $60 per member! Have assistants? We have coverage options for your theatrical group assistants as well. Each assistant can be added to your policy for only $60 per assistant.  

Q: How do we get in touch with ASI?

A: The fastest way to contact American Specialty is by email at You can also reach American Specialty by phone at 877-441-4011 or via our online chat feature at the bottom of

Cheers to a fabulous show, we can’t wait to see many more!

Leave a Reply