Long live the trumpet! Still an excellent instrument that can entertain crowds as a soloist anytime.

American Specialty is a nationally recognized insurance company managing general underwriter serving the sports, leisure and entertainment industries across the United States and works with the National Association of Mobile Entertainers as their exclusive insurance broker. In order to get these amazing deep discounts on insurance, you must join as a Name Entertainers member first.

Guitarists are just one of the many types of entertainers that are covered through American Specialty Insurance and Name Entertainers.

The National Association of Mobile Entertainers (N.A.M.E.) is a professional organization providing full benefits, including insurance, to all types of mobile entertainers. Members include DJs, disc jockeys, special event insurance, entertainment insurance, entertainers insurance, hypnotist insurance, hypnotists, hypnotist, comedians, magicians, jugglers, bands, singers, guitarists, soloists, officiants, event planners, event planning, booking agents, clowns, photographers, videographers, theatrical group insurance, theater, actors, actresses, mobile entertainers, traveling entertainers, travel entertainment, liability insurance, equipment insurance, face painters, makeup artists, wedding make up, caricaturists, cartoon artists, public speakers, wedding insurance, weddings, venue insurance, venue coverage and many more.

Stumbling upon an accordion player is a rare treat and soloists can be of any age because music is timeless.

Each month we will be featuring one of our many entertainer benefits as a N.A.M.E member. This month’s feature is why it’s important to have insurance as a music soloist.

Q: How is a musical soloist defined?

A: A musical soloist is defined as an individual musician who performs vocally or plays a solo


Singers qualify as soloists as well because their vocal chords are the valuable equipment.

Q: Why should I have liability insurance?

A: Liability coverage protects you as an individual performer and your business from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage liability and personal advertising injury claims.

Q: Why should I have equipment insurance?

A: Your musical equipment is valuable and often times fragile. Accidents happen! Make sure that you have proper equipment coverage to repair/replace your valuable equipment in the event of damage to your property.

Your instrument if your money maker, treat it like you would yourself with insurance.

Q: Should I have both types of coverage? Why?

A: Liability and equipment insurance are very different coverages. Liability insurance protects you from lawsuits as outlined above and property insurance is designed to make you whole after a property loss (whole, not better). Insurename.com provides you with 24/7 access to your insurance information when you need it! The ability to produce Certificates of Insurance online and at your convenience, claims reporting and access to a licensed insurance agent.

Q: For musical soloists, is there an additional charge if the musical soloist has assistants?

A: Yes! We have coverage options for your assistants. Each assistant can be added to your policy for only $60 per assistant.

Q: How do we get in touch with ASI?

A: The fastest way to contact American Specialty is by email at express@americanspecialty.com. You can also reach American Specialty by phone at 877-441-4011 or via our online chat feature at the bottom of insurename.com.

There’s something so satisfying about a jazz soloist grooving out of his saxophone.

Leave a Reply