Take your videography skills to the next level by joining Name Entertainers today!

American Specialty is a nationally recognized insurance company managing general underwriter serving the sports, leisure and entertainment industries across the United States and works with the National Association of Mobile Entertainers as their exclusive insurance broker. In order to get these amazing deep discounts on insurance, you must join as a Name Entertainers member first. Each month we will be featuring one of our many entertainer benefits as a N.A.M.E member. This month’s feature is why it’s important to have insurance as a professional videographer.

Got a full cast? Make sure you have full coverage on your equipment!

Q: Why should a videographer have liability insurance?

A: Liability coverage protects you as an individual entertainer and your business from third-party claims of bodily injury, property damage liability and personal advertising injury claims. For example, a guest at one of your performances is injured and sues you as a result of the injury. Or, you cause or allegedly cause damage to a facility that you are using for your gig. Liability insurance is designed to defend you from these type of allegations.

Imagine breaking your beloved camera equipment in this snow! Get covered with Name Entertainers.

Q: Why should a videographer have equipment insurance?

A: Your equipment is valuable and often times fragile. Accidents happen! Make sure that you have proper equipment coverage to repair or replace your valuable equipment in the event of damage to your property.

Make sure your videos shine bright with NAME Entertainers!

Q: Should videographers have both types of coverage? Why?

A: Liability and equipment insurance are very different coverages. Liability insurance protects you from third-party lawsuits as outlined above and property insurance is designed to make you whole after a property loss (whole, not better).

Insurename.com provides you with 24/7 access to your insurance information when you need it! It has the ability to produce certificates of Insurance online and at your convenience, claims reporting and access to a licensed insurance agent during standard business hours.

Make sure those food videos keep slaying with insurance!

Q: Is there an additional charge if a videographer has a photo booth while they are working at a gig?

A: Photo booths continue to be a popular trend and a fun activity at many events! Our videographer insurance allows a videographer to operate a photo booth while working a job for no additional premium! If the operation of the photo booth requires the videographer to have an assistant to operate the photo booth during a gig while the videographer is working, coverage for an assistant must be purchased. Our videographer insurance program allows Videographers to purchase coverage for multiple videographer professionals & assistants that work on behalf of the insured’s business. A videography professional is classified as a full time videographer that works independently at a job on behalf of the insured’s business. A videographer assistant is classified as an individual that provides assistance and support to the videographer professional during a job.

Weddings will always have a place for videography no matter how small.

Q: How do we get in touch with ASI?

A: The fastest way to contact American Specialty is by email at express@americanspecialty.com. You can also reach American Specialty by phone at 877-441-4011 or via our online chat feature.

Leave a Reply